Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A brave little boy and a protective big sister

We took Jesse through to Thames Hospital today for his blood test. I have a problem with my blood, and to rule out if I am a carrier of haemophilia, Jesse has to be tested. Keith sat there holding Jesse, and I sat in front of him to distract him. One nurse held his arm and the other drew the three vials of blood. My poor little boy, he screamed and screamed, the tears ran down his face. I hated it, but it had to be done, although I felt guilty it was because of me. hjnnbefd3546 - That a hi was from Keith -
But once it was done he was fine, and even gave the nurse a hug. Meanwhile Big Sister Makayla was waiting out in the corridor with Granny, and was about ready to break down the door to get to her Jesse who was crying.
But persepctive hit me when I read todays post from the blog of Aria, a 3 year old girl from Auckland. http://aria.org.nz/category/news/ She's just gone on the transplant list for a second bowel, kidney, liver and pancreas. Her parents are incredibly strong, and I admire them coping with these huge hurdles. We only had to do a blood test!
We are so lucky to have such fantastic, healthy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment