Saturday, May 22, 2010

Learning times

I can't believe within one day Makayla has figured out how to play a game on the computer. From never before using the computer, to actually playing the game in just 24 hours. Dowah showed her how to play it yesterday, it's s simple childs game where they have to recognise the different parts of the cake to build it, from the shape, to the colour of the cake and icing, and the decoration. They probably spent half an hour learning it. And today Mikki is happily playing it, and completing it successfully.

Jesse is now saying 'Kaya' for Makayla, and has the 'come' hand motion down pat. He's still tantruming, throwing himself on the floor when he doesn't get his way, but I think he's starting to figure out it doesn't work, it's not happening as often.

I looked at some of the other kids at play centre the other day, and we really are lucky. Our kids are so well behaved, and play together so well, they really are best friends. I see other kids tantruming, and it's so much worse than Jesse. I see other kids push their younger siblings out of the way to get to what they are playing with, whereas Makayla will sit next to Jesse and play with him. Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, and at the moment they seem to enjoy pushing Mum to see how far I can go. But that's life. I just gotta deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment