Thursday, May 13, 2010

Naughty Wasp!

Poor Makayla, she was playing on the chair tonight and managed to get stung by a wasp, that was pretty much dead anyway. Poor thing, she screamed and screamed. I was torn between hugging her, trating her, and getting rid of the wasp before Jesse got to it. So I screamed for Keith and just held her. It's such an awful feeling when your child is hurt, and all I wanted to do was take away the pain. We put vinegar on it, then she sat with an ice pack on it for ages, curled up in front of TV. Amazingly the pain seemd to fade after an hour or so, and she went off to bed at 7.30, and was asleep by 8. Touch wood she's still in there, but I don't think she'll last the night in there. She's been coming in to our bed most mornings, anywhere between 1.30 (too early, she gets put back to her own bed), and usually 5.30-6.30.
Jesse doesn't miss out, he's also been in the wars. He decided to go head first down three concrete steps at daycare the other day, and has a massive bruise on his forehead with some grazes going down his nose. Erana said he cried lots, but was ok after that. When she texted me about it I just said cool, that'll match the other two bumps on his head he's had the last few days, but when I picked him up it was a bit worse than I realised! But he's a strong little trooper, and is not at all worried about it. The tests have come back for Jesse, and he doesn't have haemophilia, which Keith and I were pretty sure of anyway, for the amount he bumps himself if he was he'd be covered in bruises. When Makayla was crying on me Jesse come up beside her and gave her a big cuddle, it was so cute. And it was gorgeous when Makayla told the wasp off and told it it was naughty!

1 comment: